Protecting sensitive electronic information is of greater concern than ever before. With the proliferation of connected multi-functional office products, Konica Minolta realizes that protecting electronic documents processed by bizhub secure MFPs is an absolute requirement in the 21st century workplace. Our goal is to make bizhub products the most secure MFPs available on the market today.
Konica Minolta works with third-party security consultants to check each system to eliminate any possible threat from attack through the network or the phone line, as well as the possibility of the HDD or RAM being removed from the machine. Our MFPs can ensure documents that are copied, scanned, faxed or otherwise transmitted, do not remain stored on the hard drive or in DRAM memory as a standard feature.
Additional standard security capabilities include:
ISO 15408 EAL Level 3 Certification for the Total System ArchitectureKonica Minolta MFPs are independently certified to the ISO 15408 Data security standard as established by the Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation. While some vendors may only certify a component of the MFP or a "security kit," the entire system architecture on Konica Minolta MFPs is certified.
Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) is a numerical grade assigned to an IT product following the completion of a Common Criteria evaluation, an international standard for computer security certification. In contrast to other MFPs in the market which are certified based on a security option or a specific function, we engineer and provide ISO 15408 Evaluation Assurance Level 3 Security Certification for each product as a total system. This EAL represents an increase in assurance from EAL2 by requiring more complete testing coverage of the security functions, mechanisms, and procedures that provide some confidence that the target of evaluation will not be tampered with during development.
Specifically for Hard Drive Data Protection.....
- HDD Lock Password The internal Hard Drive can be locked using a password of 20 alphanumeric characters. The data stored on the HDD is protected - Even if the HDD is removed from the MFP and installed into a different MFP or PC, the data cannot be read - The hard drive will not turn on.
- Hard Drive Encryption Whether it be standard or as an option, bizhub MFPs support Hard Drive Encryption. Hard drive data can be encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Once a hard drive is encrypted the data cannot be read even if the HDD is removed from the MFP.
- Hard Drive Sanitization At disposal a key operator, administrator or technician can physically wipe (erase) the hard drive if the MFP needs to be relocated or at the end of lease. The hard drives can be overwritten (sanitized) using up to eight different highly secure methods including DOD, NASA, Air Force, and NSA standards.
- Data Auto Deletion Data Auto Deletion allows an administrator to set an auto deletion timer for data stored in the personal or public user boxes, as well as system boxes (e.g. secure print box or encrypted PDF print box). The auto deletion setting will erase the copy, print, scan or fax jobs stored in boxes, depending on the storage period and the time frame selected for deletion. The data is automatically erased using a highly secure, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), overwrite method.
- Automatic Job Overwrite (Temporary Data Overwrite) Most bizhub MFPs support automatic erase of any temporary image data that might remain on the hard drive after a job is completed. Temporary Data overwrite conforms to DoD methods.
- Japan Information Technology Security Evaluation and Certification Scheme - Certified Product List
- Common Criteria Portal - Certified Product List
- The National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) sponsored Common Criteria Web Site - The NIAP mutual recognition statement